Comments

Please note that the comment section is "no reply" which means I can't reach you unless you leave a way for me to do that. My email address is at the top if you wish to contact me. Also, please, no soliciting. Thank you.

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Balancing Act

I didn’t sleep well last night and lack of sleep causes my pain to shoot up .  I need to get at least 8 hours for the pain to be at a “6” on the 1-10 scale.  Today it’s at an 9 and it’s not even 10 a.m.   Then I get angry and then it gets worse.  It is beyond frustrating, all the things that make it worse.  Here’s a little lesson on negative/positive thinking:
Pain is:
Worse with lack of sleep                  Better with more sleep
Worse when I don’t eat                     Eases off with food, especially protein
Worse when I do too much               Better with a lot of rest
HORRIFIC without medication         Tolerable with every dose
Worse when I’m too emotional         Better if I meditate, listening to soothing music
Worse if I never emote                      Better if I allow myself to cry occasionally
Worse without “alternative” care      Better with acupuncture, reiki, massage
Worse with isolation too long           Better when I see someone once a week


That’s all I can think of at the moment.  Feel free to add your own in the comment section. There is one which is hard to write about because it depresses me.  A friend called yesterday and said I should throw my walker in the car and go somewhere for a short walk.  Good advice.  It’s pretty hilly in Seattle but there are some flat places I could go.  Obviously, exercise helps with a host of things if you can do it.  My pain feels worse if I move too much, but if I don’t move enough, other things start to fall apart…..I get constipated from the drugs, my heart races, my muscles atrophy….etc, etc.

But even walking, which is about all I can do, makes my pain shoot through the roof.  I went out for dinner with a friend last night and I can’t sit for more than 20 minutes without horrific pain so while doing that is enjoyable, I pay a high price.  But the socializing is good for me and I have to get out once in a while!!!  Balance.  It’s all about balance.

And today sun is out, the sky is blue, it’s going to be in  the high fifties and it’s Super Bowl Sunday which means I can go somewhere and there won’t be crowds of people.

Sometimes I’m so frustrated I could cry.







No comments:

Post a Comment


Click on "Older Posts" to read more!