Comments

Please note that the comment section is "no reply" which means I can't reach you unless you leave a way for me to do that. My email address is at the top if you wish to contact me. Also, please, no soliciting. Thank you.

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Precious Few


I can’t believe I signed up for this, if that’s what happened before.  Before I was born, that is.  What is it I am supposed to learn from this life of pain?  Pain, digestion, etc.  Non-stop.  Never stops.  Never gives me a chance to breathe, but for a few rare, precious minutes each day, and not all strung together.  I ask G-d all the time, but of course, get no answers except sometimes a soft voice in my left ear that belongs to someone, maybe even me.

People say to just give it over to G-d when it gets too bad.  In general, I mean.  You hear that all the time.   But most people don’t have it non-stop for decades.  I have a few lucid moments when I think about “turning it over” to Him but apparently, He doesn’t want it any more than I do.  Can’t say I blame Him.  So if G-d has no body but He feels pain, does that mean I’ll continue to be in pain without my body?  I can’t even think about that.  The nightmare would never stop. Eternal pain, for all time.  Ah, Geeze.

I can’t do this anymore.  Not alone.  My sister-in-law Francine and my niece Ellie were just here for a visit.  While they were here my pain doctor nurse called and it just made me more upset.  She wants me to have a GI work up and I think she and my pain doctor must have been talking about my life expectancy because she made a couple comments about finding a way to make the rest of my life comfortable.  I may have read into it; I do that.  On the other hand, it’s not exactly a secret that I won’t make it a whole lot longer.  If only.  I pray for that every stinking day of my life.  I felt bad because I broke down in front of them, but I couldn’t help it.  I called my social worker and asked her to call me back, telling her I need more help than I am getting.   I am going to be dropping my methadone by another ½ tab starting today…..she said not to go any faster than three days at a time.  Not sure I can do it that fast; they’ll have to increase the fentanyl at some point, but she can’t send me a script for it until I get to that point…which would possibly mean another ER visit and hospital stay.

I don’t want to play anymore, dear Lord.  I want to take my bats and balls and go HOME.  But if this is punishment and I’ll still be in pain without my body….how do you kill your soul???

I just want something to work right.  I try to eat; I buy high calorie foods but I’m sick to my stomach from not being able to eliminate.  And I’m eating very little.  It’s a vicious, ugly circle and I’m dizzy with grief, laden with pain and drowning in misery.  Can’t you see that?  I know others suffer too….some way more than me….but this has been going on decades.  Decades.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Click on "Older Posts" to read more!