Comments

Please note that the comment section is "no reply" which means I can't reach you unless you leave a way for me to do that. My email address is at the top if you wish to contact me. Also, please, no soliciting. Thank you.

Friday, October 25, 2013

Who's on First

I just got off the phone from another frustrating “Medical Who’s on First” conversation.  I had an MRI of my stomach and pelvis about three weeks ago and had sent the results to my pain doc and neurologist.  My pain doc nurse and I had had a conversation about my meds and I mentioned the scan and she told me to send it to her and my neuro.  The next communication with her came when I called to renew my scripts.  She said they won’t look at the MRI unless I’m there so they can get paid.  Fine.  I get that.  I am due anyway, so I made an appointment.   Then I called my neurologist and left a message with the information about how to access the scan that was sent.

Today, after not hearing back all week, I called again and had to start all over They had no idea what I was talking about.  I explained the scan was of my pelvis and stomach and my pain levels changed and I want my doc to look at it.
She asks “so you want to see him about an image of your brain?”  ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING TO ME!  Where in my speaking did I mention coming in with images of my brain????  I told her I was sick and tired of fighting for my life and having conversations like this makes my pain worse and would drive anyone crazy, but when you are in the kind of pain I’m in its intolerable.  Then I asked if she had heard anything I said because the questions you pose don’t match with what I just said.  She started paying attention then.  Telling a health worker, even a receptionist, that you are sick of fighting for your life should be a red flag for them but at least they will call back this time (hopefully)..and tell me to come in….even though I explained how hard it is to come in and I’ll be there next week for the pain doc.  So no, all I want is for him to look at it.  Send me the bill for the five minutes it should take.  AUGGGGHHHHH!!!

I hope the people who are insured through the Affordable Health Care Act (I refuse to us “Obamacare”) get better attention then someone on social security.  When I had private insurance it was different, but it may be for other reasons too (the ill treatment).

No wonder I’ve been out of my mind anxious.  I have to remember to stay in the moment and get “out of my head” which can be challenging.  But when you listen to your heart and stay in the present, the cloud vanishes.  The trick is hanging onto it which is almost impossible to do without years of training.  Although I don’t have formal training, I certainly have life circumstance training.

My healer turned me on to this product called “Deep Blue Rub”   It comes in a few forms, but the rub is what I use.  It’s not cheap, but a little bit goes a long way.  I rub it on my legs and feet and it actually helps with the pain.  I trust her completely; you can only get it through this company called “doTerra”  It’s doterra.com.   They have all sorts of essential oils which she uses on me during treatment.  I ordered one of those as well.  Becoming a member gives you a better price.  

No comments:

Post a Comment


Click on "Older Posts" to read more!