Comments

Please note that the comment section is "no reply" which means I can't reach you unless you leave a way for me to do that. My email address is at the top if you wish to contact me. Also, please, no soliciting. Thank you.

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Serenity

I don’t mean to sound totally neurotic but here goes.  I had a blessedly good day yesterday.  Bowels were bad, but the pain was manageable enough for me to go shopping with Pam for over an hour.  I know for the average bear that’s a very slow day.  For me, it’s someone else’s non-stop action kind of day.  I am grateful for those days but they also remind me of everything  I am missing all the time.  Having a life.  Practicing gratefulness is not an easy thing.  I must constantly remind myself of Serenity Prayer:

“G-d grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference”

My dad gets in today and I’ll be saying that prayer quite a bit because of the challenges he and I both face.  He will be living 50 minutes from me and I want him safe.  Which means I don’t want him driving that distance.   We will work out a way to see each other, of that I am sure.  But the truth is, I’m in so much pain most of the time, I can only tolerate and hour or two of someone’s company, regardless of who there are.   But watching movies together when we can manage it will be very, very nice.  And eating, of course!   And here he is, now a Seahawk fan!




No comments:

Post a Comment


Click on "Older Posts" to read more!