Comments

Please note that the comment section is "no reply" which means I can't reach you unless you leave a way for me to do that. My email address is at the top if you wish to contact me. Also, please, no soliciting. Thank you.

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Improvements


Yea!   I’m up to 100 mg of Fentanyl starting last night….and starting today; down to 20 mg of methadone…..just three weeks ago I was at 60 so I’m hopeful that by the end of the month, I’ll be off that nasty stuff.

My bowels kind of started working again for a while…last two days hasn’t been so good, but it will clear up again, I hope.  I’ve started on full spectrum probiotics which I take before every meal, and I started drinking coconut water.    And prune juice.  I think I overdid the fruit and that is why I am backed up.  The pain doc nurse, who I am indebted to for her coaching me on not getting so worked up about my bowels and my eating, keeps pushing the fiber, but I know when I overdo it.  Too much fiber is NOT a good thing with my particular problem, as I have mentioned a few times.  Other than that, it was great advice…because I have NO appetite when I get up, so I drink my juice and my miralax and an hour or two later I eat oatmeal or cereal with fruit and by noon, I’m eating a sandwich…..with chips. 

When I got home from the hospital I dropped a few more pounds and was down to 98, but I’m up to 102 now; by goal is a pound a week until I reach 110 or 112 which is my normal weight (high being 115).  So here’s to crossing your fingers and your toes.

Today the pain is much, much better.  Of course, I am still flat on my back….I’m hoping that with this increase, I can go out and about without being in agony….out and about being trips to the grocery store and doctor appointments.  I got an increase in hours from DSHS because it was so bad a couple weeks ago, I really thought I’d never recover.   I still need help but I’m hopeful I will have limited ability to do things I use to be able to do, even with the pain.  We shall see.

In the meantime, I just heard that a friend of mine has stage 2 Chronic Lymphatic Lymphoma.   So my thoughts and prayers are with her right now.

Is wanting good health the same as wanting a new car, or a trip somewhere, or anything else?  I mean, it’s the “I wants” that kill us, figuratively.   But truly, is it the same thing?  I wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Click on "Older Posts" to read more!