Comments

Please note that the comment section is "no reply" which means I can't reach you unless you leave a way for me to do that. My email address is at the top if you wish to contact me. Also, please, no soliciting. Thank you.

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Bye, Bye, Birdies

The eagle camera got burned to a crisp during a bad storm, and the eaglets are hanging around the nest so they can’t do anything about fixing or replacing it until they disperse.  And the head guy at Raptors Resource Project (Bob Anderson) had a bad health scare and was unavailable to take a look at it.  But everyone knows (or is pretty sure) it’s going to have to wait a while.  Actually, the eaglets are usually dispersed by now anyway and there isn’t much to see but I sure miss it.  As you can tell by my last post, I’ve grown to adore bald eagles.

Yesterday, June 23, was my birthday.  My family and I celebrated a few days early as they are both in Minnesota right now, where they are unveiling my father’s headstone.  In Jewish tradition, that happens one year (or thereabouts) after someone dies.  He died at the end of August.  It’s really not that early because we use the Jewish calendar.  Hard to explain how it works here, so just trust me on this.

My body doesn’t know my birthday so the pain was doing what it usually does.  Give me grief.   My friends and I also celebrated early as they were unavailable on “the” day.  So I went to the dentist and had my teeth cleaned.  Happy Birthday, teeth!  I got some beautiful cards from good friends and extended NF friends; had some wonderful email conversations, one with a long lost friend who got back in touch with me after about a two year absence.  That was nice.

My next batch (I haven’t had many lately) of books comes in on Friday (Library on Wheels) and I’m looking forward to that.  I have been reading via Kindle, but I like to hold a book.  I’ve become like one of those “old school” women I used to laugh about when I was in my twenties.  They just couldn’t get with the program, I used to think.  At least I’m computer savvy.  But I started learning in the mid 80’s, when they first came out.  Thank goodness.  I still don’t text, I still don’t have a smart phone and I still have a landline.  But I’m home most of the time and don’t need those things.  I DO need the landline because my “I’ve fallen and I can’t get up” thingy is hooked into my phone.  I know you can get them attached to your cell phone, but it would have to be on all the time and I’d need a more expensive plan, one that Medicaid doesn’t cover.

The pain has been bad, the CBD oil was a bust (though I haven’t taken it regularly; but from what I read, the results should have been showing up immediately) and I need to order more essential oils

The weather has been gorgeous, very surreal for Seattle in June.  Dry as a bone, scary as hell.  I have too much time to worry about the shape our planet is in.  Beware of your carbon footprint and I don’t just mean your car.  My nephew is very involved (and employed by) getting the carbon Washington initiative on the ballot.  He said it’s the most comprehensive one in the country (or did he say world?).  Anyway.  Be well.


No comments:

Post a Comment


Click on "Older Posts" to read more!