Comments

Please note that the comment section is "no reply" which means I can't reach you unless you leave a way for me to do that. My email address is at the top if you wish to contact me. Also, please, no soliciting. Thank you.

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Farewell to our dear Sherri

This is a special post from Sherri's family.  She had instructed us to send a last communique to her blog readers when the time came.

Our beautiful Sherri passed on Monday, January 25th.  As her body declined over the past two weeks, her radiant being was ever more vivid.

Sherri often wondered out loud what her purpose was.  To us, her purpose was evident:  She was here to enrich our lives and the lives of our children.  Her Godly soul became refined in ways we can't imagine.  The trials and torture of her body were the chisel only the most rare of God's children have the endurance, strength or grace to withstand.   We are comforted that Sherri achieved a certain measure of peace and serenity---though never without  pain---and lived life on her terms to the best she was able.

Sherri asked us to play a song during her funeral service, "Be Still" by The Fray. She posted it here previously and we're sharing it again.  When she played the song for us a few weeks ago she said, crying: "I feel God is talking to me when I hear this song."  It comforted her as she contemplated the inevitable arc of her soul's sojourn on earth and the transition back to God.  Anticipation, fear and love.

We will miss her terribly, she was our inspiration......and we are comforted as we imagine her lounging and luxuriating on a fluffy cloud of pure light.  Her parents Leonard and Rivian will take her the rest of the way.





Sherri also asked that we share a poem, "Epitaph" by Merrit Malloy, here below:

By Merrit Malloy

When I die
Give what’s left of me away
To children
And old me that wait to die.

And if you need to cry,
Cry for your brother
Walking the street beside you.
And when you need me,
Put your arms
Around anyone
And give them
What you need to give to me.

I want to leave you something,
Something better
Than words
Or sounds.

Look for me
In the people I’ve known
Or loved,
And if you cannot give me away,
At least let me live on in your eyes
And not your mind.

You can love me most
By letting
Hands touch hands,
By letting bodies touch bodies,
And by letting go
Of children
That need to be free.

Love doesn’t die,
People do.
So, when all that’s left of me
Is love,
Give me away.


Sherri will be buried in Seattle on Thursday, January 28.  The family requests donations to the Children's Tumor Foundation in lieu of flowers.

9 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear this but relieved for Sherri that her pain is done. I knew Sherri only thru emails. We started chatting a few years ago because of a comment we had both made to a Huffington Post article. She had invited me to this blog page to read about her condition. During that time we exchanged funny articles and shared an interest in the wild eagle websites. My last email exchange with her was January 20. She felt like an old friend and I will miss her and the sense of humor that she had, even though she was in so much pain.

    My condolences to her family.

    Carolyn Woods
    woods218@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had the privilege to know Sherri for several decades. What a GREAT human being. Hope to see some of you at her funeral. For those who have read her blog, I honor the journey you've taken with her. You have nothing but support from all who knew Sherri.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful tribute to her. My prayer is that she receives all this love fully - she gave so much. In the midst of her pain she radiated love in her being. My heart goes out to her family and friends. We are all better for having known her.
    Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Missing Sherri everyday. Thank you so much for the matching donations to the Children's Tumor Foundation! The ability to donate 'with Sherri' brings our family much joy. All my condolences to your family.
    Becky and Ashley Vacanti

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know Sherri. Matter fact I just stumble upon this because I live in extreme pain ever day. I have NF1 there is nothing I can even think of to equal my pain level. I also think about ending it. Please find a care for NF1.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. To Sherri's family, there hasn't been a day gone by this past year that I haven't thought about Sherri and missed her wisdom and honesty, her stories and most of all, her insight into being human. I miss her. Even though I hadn't seen Sherri for years, I loved her, and still do. A handful of others have also journeyed to heaven this year from NF, but there is hope, with new discoveries of tumor suppressant medications. Ashley has worsened this year too; we almost lost her in May, but by the grace of God she is hanging in. I pray that you are all healing and have peace. Much love, Becky and Ashley Vacanti

    ReplyDelete
  8. We tried to get pregnant for a few years in a local clinic. There were no results. We've tried everything possible but nothing. We were recommended to use eggs. I know we have to go abroad. I was terrified. I didn't know where to go and where to begin my search. When my friend recommended Dr God hands  to me in western Africa  I thought she was joking. I knew nothing about that country but I well know they have powerful gifts on herbal medicines and I was afraid because of the language barrier. Anyway she convinced me to give a try. She told me that Dr God hands can also cure my prostate cancer which gives me more motivation to give a try to Dr God hands herbal center medicines. I've done the research and thought that maybe this really is a good idea. Dr God hands has reasonable prices which I ordered two four bottles and I drank it as instructed and everything went well. My prostate cancer is gone. Also it has high rates of successful treatments. Plus it uses natural herbs. Well I should say I was convinced. We contacted Dr God hands and now we can say it was the best decision in our lives. We were trying for so long to have a child and suddenly it all looked so simple.  Dr God's hands were so confident and hopeful he projected those feelings on me too. I am so happy to be a mother and eternally thankful to Dr God hands herbal Cure . Don’t be afraid and just do it! 
    Dr God hands can cure the following diseases:Sickle Cell,Cancer,Hiv,Herpes,Shingles, Hepatitis B,Liver Inflammatory,Diabetes,Fibroid,Parkinson's,Alzheimer’s disease,Bechet’s disease,Crohn’s diseaseInsomnia Factor V Leiden Mutation ,EpilepsyDesmoplastic small-round-cell tumor Diabetes carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases,,Copd,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Autism,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity,Dementia.,Lyme Disease,,Non Hodgkin Lymphoma,Skin Cancer,Uterine Cancer,Prostate Cancer Dercum,Lupus,Hpv,Weak Erection,Infertility,fibromyalgia,Chronic Diarrhea,Get Your Ex Back,Als,SYPHILIS,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Blood Cancer,Breast CANCER,Lung Cancer,Prostate Cancer,Autism,Brain Cancer,Genetic disease,Epilepsy, Parkinson's disease,  Dr Itua Herbal Center Contact    Email:   doctorgodhands@gmail.com  Or Whats-App Chat : +2349057214220

    ReplyDelete


Click on "Older Posts" to read more!