Comments

Please note that the comment section is "no reply" which means I can't reach you unless you leave a way for me to do that. My email address is at the top if you wish to contact me. Also, please, no soliciting. Thank you.

Friday, October 21, 2011

Greater Truth

Today is the day I write something new, having been in hiding for way too long.  The pain and other physical challenges makes me not want to write….in reality, that is when I should be writing, as it saves me from going mad.  Instead, I read, watch movies, whatever it takes to take my mind off my woes.
One of my nieces came by the other day to say goodbye as she goes off on an adventure for a year, having finished high school.  She’ll be getting credits that will transfer (she’s studding abroad) so that’s good.  She is wise for her 18 years, and said something that I shall never forget.
I was telling her that sometimes I feel like I must have been a horrible person in another life to deserve the kind of life I have now; unable to do much of anything, fighting pain and other physical challenges.  I don’t like to complain to my nieces and nephew, but it comes out sometimes.
She looked at me and said “Auntie, I think you are looking at it backwards.  You are so strong.  Everyone sees that.  But I think that all your challenges are preparing you for the world to come; perhaps you will be sitting beside a king!”  At the time, I kind of laughed, but the more I thought about it, the more I appreciated her words of wisdom.
So the next time I’m on the pity potty, feeling sorry for myself and wondering what kind of ghoul I must have been, I’ll think of her and her words.  And maybe, just maybe, I’ll find the greater truth lies within them.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Click on "Older Posts" to read more!